Monday, June 29, 2009

Modern love gets you to the church on time

Interesting overview of eHarmony web architecture on slideshare, not so much for the architecture itself as for the fact that as I look over the slides I can visualize their Hadoop cluster churning away (mapping and reducing those 20 cazillion dimensions of compatibility as my lies are compared to the lies of a cross section of candidate buzz gal pals). Ain't modern love wonderful.

Twitter-de and Twitter-dumb
Well, I'm fully twittered up now but still can't seem to muster up the energy to start sharing the minutia of my day-to-day existence these days. (It's enough that I have to suffer through it but must I force others to do so as well?) I'll give you what my nightly digest would doubtless consist of this evening:

  • 8:55pm: watching 'Factory Girl' on the movie channel - great swinging 60s vibe and the luminescent Sienna Miller
  • 9:55pm: getting ready to watch 'Weeds' on Showtime - I've had a major crush on Mary-Louise Parker that began in the 90s, was heightened with her turn as the West Wing's Amy Gardner and continues unabated with Weed's Nancy Botwin
  • 10:30pm: can't get into 'Nurse Jackie' for some reason - love Edie Falco and the scripts seem pretty good but I find myself drifting
  • 11pm: daily show
  • 11:30pm: starting the book "the media relations department of Hizbollah wishes you a happy birthday"
  • 1am: sleep
Pretty darn fascinating ...

No comments:

Post a Comment